Now that I am almost done with
telling you about the past days, I just want to write a reflective post, with
my feelings about this new experience.I will go on with the "storytelling" as soon as possible.
POSITIVES
I am loving independence.
I never thought I would, but I am! Seriously, cooking is fine, washing, drying,
cleaning... it all only annoys me a bit, but it's a big lot better than I
thought. And I found out I am quite organised and that I can manage myself well
enough, I just need some practice.
I have met a lot of people, overcoming my expectations once
more, and I recognise many faces around the campus. But, most important of all,
I have made friends. Quickly. I have
found people that are similar to me, with whom I get on very well and to whom I
feel actually pretty close already. I know it might be weird, because I have
been here barely two weeks, but I do already love some of my new friends a lot!
I can't believe how quick this has all been. There are the girls from Biology
(Andrea, Coral, Elena and Laurana), who are seriously great and I love spending
time with them. There are my flat mates (Isabela, Melanie, Josh and Tommaso),
who are very good people to be living with, despite some issues with J's
untidiness and strange smells :P But on top of all... there are Isabela (the
same as before) and Maria Stella, who I consider my friends at all effects!
It's just so much fun to spend time with them and I am so really happy that I
have met them - and that I happen to be flat mates with one of the two
especially. Isn't that good luck?? It feels so good to have someone to do
pretty much everything with, from washing, to meals or afternoon tea (like
today) or hanging around. Oh, and let's not forget the fact that I can share my
craziness as well!
So far (but it's only been
a week), I really like my subjects. I
mean it, all my lecturers are funny and very good at teaching and none of the
lessons have been boring (not counting the fact that I was falling asleep once -
it wasn't the lecturer's fault!).
I have found a temporary part time job, which should help with
some extra money coming in. It's not like street fundraising is my favourite
thing ever, but I am fine with it for now, as long as I get something and until
I find something more stable.
NEGATIVES
I am a bit homesick. It's not killing me, it's not
keeping me awake at night, because I am tooooo tired for anything like that...
but I am a bit homesick, yes. It never happened when I was in Australia, but I
guess that was different. Yes, here I am as or even more) busy as I was down
there. But here I have to deal with everything by myself, or with the help of
my friends of course but it's not the same)... and probably also the fact that
my mum has been in hospital and I wasn't there made me homesick. So yes, I have
actually said it.
It's hard to manage finances. It's not too bad, but I am
used to being able to afford a lot of stuff that now I can't afford, if I have
to stick to a budget.
No comments:
Post a Comment