Monday, 22/09
Monday was
my first day of proper lectures... and it started with me running, as usual! I
was having breakfast with Isabela, perfectly on time, when we noticed that
there was a plastic bag wrapped around our fire detector in the kitchen. We new
pretty much immediately whose fault it was, but we had to take it down anyway
because we didn't want to risk the cleaners seeing it: in case we are found
tampering with fire devices we could be kicked out of accommodation AND uni! So
that took a bit of time and in the end I reached my classroom, on the other
side of the campus, at 9.01am, which is not considered late luckily (lessons
start at 5 past the hour). By the way, while I was running to the lecture,
there was a man, abviously a lecturer, who was running next to me and... he
turned out to be my lecturer hahah It
was so funny when he showed up in the lecture theatre and he said it's up to
use to be on time... when he had just arrived slightly late with me :P I was
sitting with Andrea, Coral and Laurana (Elena was late) - who had kindly saved
me a seat next to them - and I had just told them about the man running with
me... so we all had to keep from laughing :P I am glad we were at the back of
the class!! Anyway, the lesson (the module is Evolution & Ecology, but for
the first semester it will only be Evolution *-*) was very very interesting and
the professor turned out to be a wonderful lecturer. We were all so very
impressed with our first class that we couldn't stop talking about it for the
next hour or so, during our break! We went to the Costa across the road to wait
for the next session, two hours later, and we discussed the topic we had just
heard about and also our lecturer... after saying how great he was, Laurana
came up with something like "But have you noticed also how handsome he
is?!". I hadn't noticed, honestly, but when we went back for the next
lecture at midday I realised she was veeeery right! This time we were not too
far from him, so I could actually see him properly and he is really pretty *-* Ok,
I shouldn't be thinking this of my lecturer, I know... but I couldn't help it
hahah Even I noticed it, when I normally don't notice anyone! Again, by the
way, the lesson was great and the topics got even more interesting, as we analysed
the history of evolution and the early ideas, focusing mainly on Darwin and
Wallace (whom I didn't know).
In the meantime, Isabela texted in the flat whats app group that we had an inspector in the flat and I was sooooo worried about our posters in the kitchen (they are not allowed)... but luckily he didn't say anything (I'll explain the italic later!).
In the afternoon, I copied my Evolution notes on my pc (I took them by hand) and organised them better, until I went to zumba with Melanie, again. We had a different teacher this time and she focused on harder steps, more than on effort, which at the beginning was difficult but then I picked it up, because I am used to Annalisa's lessons in Italy that are pretty similar :) So I ended up loving this lesson as well!!
Back at the flat, I had dinner with Tommaso and then Isabela came in a bit later... she was meant to arrive with her friend Emily, but she was alone and she explained that her friend was late, so she had time to have dinner there with us and get ready for the party before Emily arrived! The party was that "Superheroes and Villains" one I wrote about before and all the three of us had only headpieces on, pretty much! I felt a bit awkward with my dress, heels and black lipstick, but I loved my costume: I was the Wicked Witch of the East... London :P We had a lovely night at the Griff In (this party was at the Whitechapel campus), as Emily is really really nice and funny and she is an awesome dancer, so it was easy to make friends at the Griff In! Isabela and I spend half the night staring at her unbelievable moves on the dance floor :P It was so amazing hahah
In the meantime, Isabela texted in the flat whats app group that we had an inspector in the flat and I was sooooo worried about our posters in the kitchen (they are not allowed)... but luckily he didn't say anything (I'll explain the italic later!).
In the afternoon, I copied my Evolution notes on my pc (I took them by hand) and organised them better, until I went to zumba with Melanie, again. We had a different teacher this time and she focused on harder steps, more than on effort, which at the beginning was difficult but then I picked it up, because I am used to Annalisa's lessons in Italy that are pretty similar :) So I ended up loving this lesson as well!!
Back at the flat, I had dinner with Tommaso and then Isabela came in a bit later... she was meant to arrive with her friend Emily, but she was alone and she explained that her friend was late, so she had time to have dinner there with us and get ready for the party before Emily arrived! The party was that "Superheroes and Villains" one I wrote about before and all the three of us had only headpieces on, pretty much! I felt a bit awkward with my dress, heels and black lipstick, but I loved my costume: I was the Wicked Witch of the East... London :P We had a lovely night at the Griff In (this party was at the Whitechapel campus), as Emily is really really nice and funny and she is an awesome dancer, so it was easy to make friends at the Griff In! Isabela and I spend half the night staring at her unbelievable moves on the dance floor :P It was so amazing hahah
![]() | |
| The Wicked Witch of East London (the "W" with my hand is the symbol Zelena from Once upon a Time) |
We left the Griff In just before 1am and we got back home quickly thank to a bus, so at 1.15 I was almost in bed... but they called me back to Isabela's room to help them set up the second bed and then I stayed until about 3.30am. LOL it was sooooooooo funny!!! We chatted and we stalked people online, like a boy Emily likes and then my lecturer. And Isabela and I kept coming up with what we now call J-Jokes and the Drying-rack jokes... it's too hard to explain the second ones, let's say it's something connected to us looking up houses and a drying rack we saw on Argos for 150£! The J-Jokes, however, are jokes related to Josh, our flatmate J he is really really nice, they are not mean jokes, but it's funny the way that we just keep finding new ones J The main thing is that he leaves his room's door open after he goes to the toilet, so there's often a terrible smell in the corridor because of that... Moreover, we talked about serious topics, like stolen children in Australia and Britain and Emily suggested me a writer to look up (Margaret Humphreys) :D At 3.30, though, I literaly ran away to go to bed, because i had lecture at 10 the next morning!



No comments:
Post a Comment