Sunday, 28 September 2014

Job trial and cherry blossom (Thursday)



Thursday, 25/09
 
My alarm went off at 7am and I felt terrible... Melanie had been sick the day before and I got it from her, so my throat was so sore and I felt very weak! It wasn't because of the lack of sleep, but probably because of Melanie (she reminded me today... I was trying to work out where I had got it!) and the continuous changes in weather! Anyway, it was going to be my job trial, so I had no other chance but to get up, get dressed AND look normal. So I got ready, left Queen Mary and caught the tube (Central + DLR) to reach the office of the charity that I was going to raise for (Help One Child). I was even 10 minutes early on the appointment, which was at 9am, and I sat there with one of the other people who were going to try the job. In the end there were three "trainees", a team leader and the manager: the two of them explained us what we should be doing and then we went with the team leader to Sevenoaks, where we met two other fundraisers (they have been working with the charity for a few days/weeks) and we were given t-shirts to wear and buckets for the money. On the way to Sevenoaks, though, we stopped at Canary Wharf to change the tube and... awwww *-* It was so pretty! I was a bit of a tourist then, and also when we reached London Bridge train station :P




At the beginning, my team leader had me stand in front of a Tesco supermarket. The first couple of hours or so were pretty good, because most of the people who came past listened to my "Hi, any help for homeless children?" and donated some money. Then there were another couple of hours that were awful, because it was freezing cold (and I was already ill) and people kept telling me they had already given money to my colleagues... especially to my team leader, who stationed just a block away from me :( However, he had to leave early and he gave me his spot, in front of a 99p store, which was awesome *_* Almost everyone gave me pounds and I was so happy!!! Anyway, it was a looooong day and I am glad I made friends with the fundraiser (girl) across the road, so we could chat sometimes! We finished at 4.30pm and by then it was just me, the other girl, one of the trail boys and the other experienced fundraiser (a boy). On the way back to the station, I spent most of my time talking to him and he is really lovely! The trip back to the office (where it was just me and the two experienced fundraiser, because the other boy had to rush before us) was a nightmare though... my head was spinning and I truly felt like I could have fainted on the tube :( BUT I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!
After talking to my manager, I left the office and I found Drisha (I think this is the correct spelling - the girl) and Itaram (the boy) waiting for me, which was really sweet *-* I wasn't expecting it all, in fact I pretty much walked out on them until I realised they had been waiting for me! 


Eventually, I got back home at 7.30pm... Gosh, it had been such a long day and I was literally exhausted! As soon as I walked in I met Isabela, who showed me the door stops we had just received and we placed them on our doors... it looks so good when we both have our doors open, now :P Then I had dinner and she stayed with me and we chatted about our day, until Tommaso came in and I went to help him do the washing (he had never done it). When I got back, Isabela and I decided to go back down and pay a visit to the Village Shop (the QM minimarket) to buy biscuits for our tea and then we had a tea together
J But in the meantime... in the corridor there was a terrible smell of poo, which comes out of Josh's room every time he goes to the toilet because he leaves his room's door open, so the two of us used our Cherry Blossom room deodorants and sprayed the corridor and our rooms (because our doors were open) :P We couldn't stop laughing when we did that hahaha Especially because then there was such a strong smell of cherry blossom LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment