Wednesday, 24/09
Wednesday
was my first day off from university :)
The
previous night, during my emailing with Isabela, she had told me she would try
to wake up at 8 to go to the post office with me... I had honestly ignored her
message and set my alarm for 9 o'clock, because I knew I would have been dead
otherwise lol. However, I was the first one to wake up in the end :P She got up
just after me, as she had simply switched off the alarm, and we ended up going
to the post office around 10.30. What's with the post office? On Tuesday, I had found a note telling me
there was something for me to pick up at the post office, so she had decided to
come with me in case it was our Argos stuff arriving (which would have been too
heavy and large for me to carry alone). Though, it was actually just a book for
me that had arrived at the office: my beloved "Millennio di fuoco - Raivo"
(Cecilia Randall) *_* I had ordered from the Italian Amazon, because it has
just been released (being Cecilia Italian, it's in Italian) and it's not
available in England :(
During the morning, I also got three phone calls: two phone-interviews and a call I couldn't pick up. The first interview was from an organisation that does street fundraising and they gave me a job trial for the next day (Thursday, since I had another day off from uni). The next was an Events organiser, but I didn't accept the group interview and I dropped my application because I wasn't really interested.
Later, I
had lunch with Maria Stella and Isabela at Curve and, immediately after that,
our Argos stuff arrived at the flat *_* But Isabela had to rush to a lecture
and I had planned to Skype with Giorgia (my best friend), so she just dropped
the bags in my room and I barely opened them before Skyping.
It was about 2pm
then... I finished Skyping at 4.30!!! It was really awesome to be able to talk
to Giorgie for sooo long, because I miss her a lot, not having seen her in person
since July (she was on a work experience in Malta), and this loong call felt so
familiar, that it was like we were together again! I told her everything that
has been happening here and she filled me in on her last adventures in Malta
and her return home :) We aso started organising her visit here, which should be at the beginning of November, and I am already sooo looking forward to it! I can't wait to see her, show her my new life and introduce her to my friends here in London in person! Though, I virtually (through Skype) introduced her to Melanie, my only flat mate who
was in at the beginning, and to Isabela, who arrived after 4pm and was a bit
shocked to find me still on Skype hahah The conversation that Giorgie and
Isabela had was very funny :P They introduced themselves and then Isabela saw
our iron on my desk and started staring at it and talking about iron and she
started laughing when she realised what she was doing and Giorgie was just
staring at us laughing as well, because I had started talking to Isabela about
the items from Argos! Anyway, our call lasted a few more minutes, but then I had
to hang up because I was meant to meet a guy for some ticket repping job.
![]() |
| Argos items *_* |
Melanie,
Isabela and I were both meant to meet this guy, so we all went in front of the
Curve, where he told us to go, and stayed there and listened to his talk. I wasn't
sure about the job when I applied, but I got so excited about it when he gave
us the tickets to sell and the leaflets to distribute hahah Actually, all the
three of us were very excited and we decided to work together and share our
incomes in the end... We got back to the flat and stuck our contact details to
all the leaflets and posted the links to the events on Facebook and twitter. All
of this took us about 1 hour and a half... until something like 8.30! And Isabela
and I were meant to be at Maria Stella's place by 7 o'clock o.O On the way to her Hall, by the way, we
hung leaflets on various doors.
During
dinner, Maria Stella and I put some Italian songs on (Baglioni, "Questo piccolo grande amore" and "Strada facendo" and Pausini, "La geografia del mio cammino") and
we sang along loudly, then Isabela showed me the video of "Let it go"
in every language :D It was amazing *_*
Later, still at Maria Stella's flat, we helped her write a letter to the manager of the Students' Union Events to ask if she could come to a party on Friday (Krispy Kream) and then we showed her the websites where to find jobs and to make a good cv!
Later, still at Maria Stella's flat, we helped her write a letter to the manager of the Students' Union Events to ask if she could come to a party on Friday (Krispy Kream) and then we showed her the websites where to find jobs and to make a good cv!
This time,
I actually managed to be in bed before midnight... at 11.30 hahaha And the next
morning I was meant to wake up at 7am to go to the job trail :(

No comments:
Post a Comment