Tuesday, 23/09
The next
morning was literally a blur for me... I had to get up at 9am to go to the
first lecture of Molecular Biology (a subject I am not really that much into),
which turned out to be only an intro to the course. But my lecturer was Dr
Curren, the same as for the lab induction, so it was funny again!! I was half
awake during this lecture, but the next one (after an hour of break at The
Ground) was absolutely HELL for me!! I could barely keep my eyes open and my
head straight... I couldn't bring myself to take nay notes and I was lucky
enough that this was sort of an intro again... of course it was not Dr Curren's
fault, because he is awesome, but I was too tired because of my lack of sleep!
Afterwards I ran back to the flat because Isabela and I were meant to go to the welcome bbq for the Amnesty International society and I wanted to tell Isabela that I wouldn't be able to go... but she anticipated me and apologised for being too tired to go hahah So neither of us felt like going, for the same reason, and we had a relaxed lunch to wake up a bit :P In the meantime, she told me about the crazy cleaner that had come in the morning... gosh, it sounded so scary! Apparently, this woman complained about Isabela's pan still being in the sink to be washed (she had left it the previous night, but was going to wash it at breakfast) and especially our posters... ouch! But she didn't take them off, actually, so that was good at least :P
Then we spent about half an hour trying (and succeeding!) to build her desk organiser that had just arrived: we didn't have a screw-driver, so we had to adjust to using knives and forks instead... it took us ages, but we made it (ehmmm...kind of, it's actually a bit wobbly)!
As soon as that was done (about 2pm maybe), we both sat with our computers at the kitchen table (with the pretty view outside) and we started looking for jobs again. This time we were a lot luckier and each of us sent a few application to various employers :) There's one job that I'm really thriving to obtain, as a tutor to a couple of kids nearby, but their mother hasn't answered yet :(
At some stage, Josh and Tommaso came in the kitchen and they told us it was about 9pm again... so after a few minutes we closed our computers and finally ate... LOL it's so funny how we always forget to look at the time when we are doing something!!!
Afterwards I ran back to the flat because Isabela and I were meant to go to the welcome bbq for the Amnesty International society and I wanted to tell Isabela that I wouldn't be able to go... but she anticipated me and apologised for being too tired to go hahah So neither of us felt like going, for the same reason, and we had a relaxed lunch to wake up a bit :P In the meantime, she told me about the crazy cleaner that had come in the morning... gosh, it sounded so scary! Apparently, this woman complained about Isabela's pan still being in the sink to be washed (she had left it the previous night, but was going to wash it at breakfast) and especially our posters... ouch! But she didn't take them off, actually, so that was good at least :P
Then we spent about half an hour trying (and succeeding!) to build her desk organiser that had just arrived: we didn't have a screw-driver, so we had to adjust to using knives and forks instead... it took us ages, but we made it (ehmmm...kind of, it's actually a bit wobbly)!
As soon as that was done (about 2pm maybe), we both sat with our computers at the kitchen table (with the pretty view outside) and we started looking for jobs again. This time we were a lot luckier and each of us sent a few application to various employers :) There's one job that I'm really thriving to obtain, as a tutor to a couple of kids nearby, but their mother hasn't answered yet :(
At some stage, Josh and Tommaso came in the kitchen and they told us it was about 9pm again... so after a few minutes we closed our computers and finally ate... LOL it's so funny how we always forget to look at the time when we are doing something!!!
By 11pm, or
around that time, we were all back in our rooms and I thought I was going to go
to bed early, but I started reading... and in the meantime I was emailing with
Isabela, because she started sending me links of jobs and I would look at them
and reply to her and went on like this almost until midnight hahah
No comments:
Post a Comment