Sunday, 28 September 2014

Friday - One more lecture, washing and gnocchi!



Friday 26/09

This was the day when I had my first lesson for the last of my theory modules: Cell Biology and Physiology. It was again in the Great Hall (like Tuesday's lecture) and I got there exactly at 9 o'clock and I am really really glad the girls keep a seat for me every time hahah Otherwise I would always be sitting on my own! However, there was a new girl in the middle of our group on Friday morning and I immediately introduced myself, thinking she had arrived with Coral, since they were sitting next to each other... her name is Lea and it turned out that she didn't know ANY of us :P So she had just ended up sitting in the middle of us by chance lol.
Anyway, at the beginning we had the module organiser (a woman, for the first time) introduce herself to us and then it was the turn of another lecturer to give the lecture :) Again, I really liked the lesson, despite the fact that cells are not as interesting to me as Evolution is, and I took heaps of notes (which I need to fill in with the aid of my text book as soon as possible!). Plus, the lesson was very interactive and we were introduced to "buzz groups", which means that we were given a few minutes to discuss certain topics with the people next to us! That was cool :D

After the lesson I spent a bit of time chatting with the rest of the group, then Andrea and Coral went home, while Laurana, Elena and I went to the library to print some stuff: I printed my cv, but it was ruined because of the printer :(

Then the three of us went to The Curve so that Elena could fill up some forms and I dropped in at my flat do leave my cv. I also met Isabela and talked to her a few minutes, before running downstairs again! I wasn't at the Curve for much longer, though, and I got back home for a quick lunch with Isabela. I meant to blog for the rest of the afternoon, but Maria Stella asked me to accompany her to the Curve for lunch and so I did, then her ball dress arrived and we dropped it in her room. Afterwards we went to the bookshop for her to buy some law textbooks and eventually she went to a lesson (late, by the way... poor her... there was such a huge line at the bookshop!).

Next, I did the washing with Isabela and, while waiting for it to be finished, we went to the supermarket to buy the ingredients we needed to make gnocchi for our second Friday night big dinner (like last week's one with spaghetti) :D When we got back, I was like "Are you up for some tea?" and we had tea... and what I was thinking was that I truly love having these times to relax together and do simple things, because it makes this flat feel a lot more like a home!

Once the washing and the drying were done, around 7.15pm, I started boiling the water for the potatoes and then Melanie and Isabela helped me prepare the gnocchi, which took us over an hour. The result wasn't exactly the one I am used to with my grandmother, because there were heaps of lumps in the potatoes... we had taken them off the cooker a bit too early! But the final result, after cooking the actual gnocchi, was good *-* I am really proud of how they turned out!! At dinner, it was the three of us, Maria Stella and Tommaso, who actually didn't eat gnocchi because there were not enough for everyone and he decided to give his portion up. I so love this tradition we have created of having a "big" dinner together o Friday nights... it's lovely and lots of fun :)

After dinner, Isabela and I wanted to go to the party at Drapers, the Krispy Kream 'Xperience (Krispy Kream is a brand of doughnuts), but decided not to, because I was too tired and in the morning I had to go to work... so we gave up our plan and instead washed up together with Maria Stella. Again, there were soooooo many plates, pans and cutlery to wash hahah I guess that's the issue when you have more people eating together, but the fun is worth the effort ;)

So, once we had decided not to go, we walked Maria Stella back to her flat and we found some confetti ("coriandoli" in Italian.... what a weird translation!) in her kitchen form the birthday party of one of her flat mates so we took a handful each and... we threw them at Tommaso as soon  as we got back to our flat LOL! He had just come out of the shower and came out only with a towel so all the confetti stuck on him! Maria Stella, Isabela and I were literally bent in two with laughter hahahah
Anyway, after that, Isabela went with Maria Stella back to her fat, whereas I went to Isabela's room to use her printer to print a proper copy of my cv. She let me stay in her room with all of her things without worrying... that's trust :D Or as she said "If this is not trust, I don't know what is!"
When I had finished printing, I went back to my room, but I didn't go to bed because Isabela's room was still unlocked, so I waited for her to come back and then I finally went to sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment