Hellooo :)
I'll go back to the rest of Freshers' week in the next post, but right now I am just soooo happy about my first lectures that I want to share this post on the same day as the things happened.
So, this morning at 9am I had my first university lecture ever, with the module being "Evolution and Ecology" (1st semester will be only about Evolution, though). What a good start, sinc eit's the module I have been looking forward to the most!
Anyway, I woke up early to shower, but because of an issue in the kitchen of the flat I was (again) almost late and I had to run throughout the campus to get to the Maths (why??) building. For the last beet of the way there was also a man running with me and I understood he was a lecturer because he had an open computer in his hands and he was actually older than undergratuates students normally are... but I hadn't realised he was actually OUR lecturer :P It was so funny when I arrived in the lecture theatre and I sat with Andrea and Coral and I saw him walking in at the front of the classroom and starting to talk about how it's our responsibility to be on time! But going on, he is a really good lecturer, pretty young and with a very clear accent, which had me very relieved! Both his lectures (9-10 and 12-13) were really interested and time flew, while I took like 6 or 7 pages of notes about the history of evolutions, Darwin and Wallace :)
Therefore, yes, I am very very happy with this first day of lectures and I was positively impressed by my first lecturer!
I'll be back soon :D
No comments:
Post a Comment