Saturday, 4 October 2014

Last weekend: illness, sightseeing and dedication (Once Upon a Time)



I am late, again... I know! I am going crazy, keeping up with all that I have to do and I found I have a lot less free time than I expected, be it for “social” life or for university stuff. I guess I had underestimated the beginning of university.

I don’t think I’ll be able to go into details of every day that I have missed, unfortunately... I wish I could, because this blog is turning out to be a record of what I am doing, a memory to which I will be able to look back :) But starting from where I left you last week.

Saturday, 27/09

I had work booked in for Saturday, but I got up feeling worse than the days before. I already knew I had a fever and I was feeling pretty weak, but I still decided to give work a try. So I went to the station, met my new leader (Dunia) and we went to Luton Town Centre to fundraise. However, I was “okay” on the way there, but once I stood still in the place I was assigned, I felt like could fall at any time, so I had to go and sit down and she was lovely and got me some medicines. My work day finished there, because after half an hour I walked back to the train station and came back home, arriving by lunchtime. I also did the grocery on my way home, to avoid going back out.

At the flat, I found Isabela in the kitchen and we had lunch together... we were both very ill and it was a very funny meal: our conversation degenerated all of a sudden, starting from a serious topic such as religion and sacraments and arriving to saying that we are just behaving well for uni, but that we are normally either drunk or high (which is not true, just to specify – we were just saying crazy things). This lunch went on for quite a while, then I went back to my room and tried to rest for a couple of hours, whereas Isabela went back home.

I spent the rest of the afternoon and early evening blogging (most of my updates are form that night) and then I had dinner. When I arrived in the kitchen there was Tommaso who had just finished eating... but he was truly adorable and he decided to stay to talk and keep me (and himself) company. It was one of the first times we had dinner together and it was really nice :)
Later on, I tried to go to bed early, but both because I had slept in the afternoon and because
Tommaso had lots of Italian friends over making noise around the flat, I couldn’t sleep until at least midnight.
Sunday, 28/09

Around 10am, I met with Maria Stella and Melanie to go to Buckingham Palace. It was open until Sunday, because the Queen was on holiday... but when we got there, there were heaps of people and we couldn’t get in because the visit was sold out! But at least I managed to witness the beginning of the changing of the guards, for the first time ever *_* It was so majestic, even if we only saw a bit of it! WE also took heaps of pictures with the palace and in Green Park, just nearby.




 
Since our original plan had failed, we went to Westfield Shopping centre, had lunch at an Italian restaurant where the food didn’t taste Italian at all and then we went to do the little shopping we needed. I went to Intimissimi to buy a cardigan for the Freshers Ball (which, by the way, I didn’t wear in the end) and to Tiger to get a pair of fluffy slippers to wear at home :) Melanie went back to the campus after a little bit, whereas Maria Stella still needed do buy a couple of items and I kept her company :D When we got back home, I blogged some more and then I had dinner with Tommaso again.

Now, allow me to make a premise. I am NOT TOO SLIGHTLY obsessed with a tv show called “Once Upon a Time”, that has had three complete seasons so far. Last Sunday, season 4 premiered in the USA (on ABC). I was so excited for the premiere and I have been waiting for it for months... so Maria Stella and I (both in love with the series) decided we’d watch it live! I knew it would be a crazy thing to do, considering that I was going to have a lecture at 9am the next morning, but once Maria Stella put the idea in my mind, I couldn’t think of anything else. So we decided to watch it in her room and I went to bed around 9pm (in her bed), while she went on studying until 12.30am, when I got up. The premiere was at 1am for us (8/7c in America), so we set up my computer with a link a girl I met on facebook had given me and... we waited *-* I couldn’t stay still for how excited I was! AND WE DID: WE ACTUALLY WATCHED ONCE UPON A TIME AT 1AM ON A SUNDAY NIGHT, LIVE WITH AMERICA! This is dedication guys :P The episode was amazing, despite the annoyance of SIX commercials in 40 minutes of episode and of a grey window that kept opening on my screen to warn me about possible viruses that didn’t exist. I loved it I loved I loved it *_*


Once it finished, around 2am, I went back to my room and in the corridor I met Josh (flat mate)... it was so funny, because when, the next day, I asked him why he was up so late, he went all red and simply told me I wanted a glad of water... but then Isabela told me he actually had a girl in his room :P It was so awkward for him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment