Friday, 17 October 2014

Talks of friendship

Before going to bed, I really wanted to write this post about friendship. I don't mean it in a general way, though. What I mean is that, in the last few days, Isabela and I have been talking about our friendship and how easily it came up in a few weeks. Because yes, I have to say that now we are very close and that she is definitely my closest friend here in England... And knowing that she feels the same way is really heart-warming. We were talking about the fact that living with a friend is different from just being friends: you just know things of each other that you couldn't know any other way, you just spend so much time together that it's almost like having a sister-friend with you. And I love this! It makes my life a lot easier and better and I have a lot more reasons to smile and to laugh every day, because I know that somebody is on the same wavelength as me and that that somebody is there with me. It's refreshing having meals together, talking randomly, watching movies or anime together, doing chores with somebody else... just because we are friends and we want to enjoy each other's company. Already knowing that we want to move out together next year is comforting, as well. We talked about the fact that we would be very upset if we were ever to argue or lose this friendship, but I am sure we won't. I truly hope we don't.

This makes me think of how lucky I am, because I realise I have a bunch of wonderful friends, people I can truly call friends and that I love so much. They are literally all over the world, because I have some in Italy, as far as in Australia and here in England. I miss so many of them right now, because they are not with me, but I know they are there and that is enough for me. 

Okay, sorry for this weird psychological post, but I had to write it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment