Buona sera :)
After the emotional post form earlier, let’s get back to
work with the “outstanding events” series!
Outstanding events -
#7 (1st to 6th November):
Saturday 1st: after waking up at 9am in the
quite uncomfortable positions we had fallen asleep in after Halloween’s party,
Isabela went back to her room and I fell asleep again, this time in a normal
way! I wasn’t up again before midday, when I went to the kitchen to start
tidying up... let’s say I was kind of
mad for what I saw, but I am not elaborating on this now! So I started and Isabela joined me once she woke up. We literally spent
most of the day cleaning up, interrupting to do some “people watching” LOL I
mean, we have a huge window in our kitchen and we are just in front of a park,
so it’s fun to watch other people and make up stories about them some times :D
Later on I was getting ready to go and try the bike-sharing
in the very same park, but I found the announcement of the third guest for the
Once Upon a Time Convention I am going to in June: Colin O’Donoghue *-* Gosh, I
am soooo happy! I was so excited when I read that. I love Colin and seeing him
in the same convention with my favourite actress ever, Lana Parrilla, will make
the weekend of the convention so amazing :D Poor Meghan Ory, I am completely
ignoring her... she is the first guest announced, but I am not really too
interested in her, despite her being lovely!
Anyway, because of this announcement, I ended up leaving home a bit late and I
went to the park when it was already dark... so I was quite scared of cycling
there alone for too long, especially because I couldn’t see anything and I was
scared of falling in the canal or the pond! I only stayed 25 minutes, in the
end, which was good because if you stay under 30 minutes of cycling you don’t
pay the ride but only the 24 hours licence that you have to pay anyway.
In the evening, Isabela and I eventually finished watching
the episodes of “Sailor Moon Crystal” that had been released until that day (until
episode 9, I think).
Sunday 2nd: in the morning we went to
Straford shopping centre (Westfield) and we bought Maria Stella’s birthday
present, a gift card for the Build-a-Bear workshop :P She loves that shop (and
so do I, by the way)!
After an afternoon spent cleaning my room, the evening was
not exactly a happy one. Just a couple of days earlier we had finally set the
date to watch Wicked to the Tuesday evening and I was so excited to go with a “big
group” and see the musical I had heard so much about and sang for about two
months with Isabela. The group was meant to be composed of me, Isabela, Maria
Stella, Andrea, Coral and Emily (Isabela’s friend). We had decided that some of
us would go on the Tuesday morning to the box office of the theatre to get the
front row tickets, discounted and allowing us to buy two tickets each person...
but that night Isabela told me Emily didn’t want to go to the front row and
that they would therefore have o sit at the back (totally better seats, for the
same price, but allowing only one ticket per person so everyone would have to
show up at the box office). I called Coral and she told me she really couldn’t
come to the box office, so I was very upset for the rest of the evening because
Wicked is “mine and Isabela’s musical”, since we sing it together all the time.
Monday 3rd: it was the beginning of
Reading week and I took the name of the week seriously :P I spent half of the
morning finishing “Earthbound” by Aprilynne Pike – loved it, by the way!
In the afternoon, the seats problem was kind of solved,
because Emily decided not to come so we all ended up going to the front.
Tuesday 4th: It was the day I saw "Wicked" and there's a whole post about that :)
Wednesday 5th: in the morning I received
an email from my first Evolution lecturer, saying he accepted to be interview
by me and Isabela *_* i was so excited that I literally started screaming!
In the evening there were fireworks around London for
Bonfire Night, the celebration of Guy Fawkes’s death, and Isabela and I were
watching “Puella Magi Madoka Magica” (another anime). Every time we saw a
firework we would shoot out of our chairs and to the window to watch... but we
didn’t get to see any proper grand show from our flat, neither from the kitchen
side (towards East London) nor from her side (facing Central London) :(
Thursday 6th: at 9am I had my one and only
lecture for this week, a Molecular Biology one in Whitechapel, which was really
interesting because it dealt with the aftermaths of Mendel’s discoveries and
the things he had ignored! The lecture finished early, so there was plenty of
time to return to our campus to meet with the Tutorial group. We quickly made
our poster presentation on Cell Organelles and then we split into tw groups for
the essays on the debate: Andrea, Moh, Hisham and I were in the one about Insurance
companies (the topic I debated as well) and Rose, Lina, Kash and Harry were in
the one about Stemm Cell Research.
Around 1pm, Andrea and I decided to go to lunch to Nando’s,
since we had done separating the jobs... but Hisham wouldn’t let me go and he
kept talking to me! It was too funny to see Moh and Andrea rolling their eyes
and sitting back down in the wait! Eventually, I nearly ran out of the room and
dragged Andrea with me :P The two of us went to Nando’s for lunch, where I had
already been with Elena some time before... but when I had been there with
Elena I had had some bread around my peri-peri chicken... this time i had pure
peri-peri chicken wings, though as plain as they come! Andrea nearly choke on
her (hot) chicken wings when she saw
my face once I bit in the first wing hahah I really can’t stand spicy food, my
mouth can’t deal with it LOL
At 3pm, I met with my tutor for our first one-to-one meeting
and it was nice. It was awkward at first, because he seems to be very shy
around all of us tutees, but then he started to warm up because I jumped into
the chatting quite easily (well, that was the idea, I wanted to chat
properly!). We discussed the various aspects of my life here at QM, of my
course, my residence, the feelings my family have about all of this and my
financial situation. We also talked about Australia for a while, since we have
been there and loved it!
The rest of the afternoon was spent studying with Andrea,
then I joined Isabela at Maria Stella’s place around something-past seven... I
was soooo tired!
When I got there, Isabela and I started researching a bit
about Dr Wurm’s work, since we were to interview him the next day, while Maria
Stella was doing an assignment. Then I made pasta for everyone and eventually
we came back home.
Back to our flat, we meant to finish researching and riting
the questions for the interview, but we... well, we kind of got distracted :P
Still very worked up because of Wicked (see the post “Wicked the Musical” to
understand my excitement), we ended up going through a great number of
different actresses/singers playing Elphaba and a few Glindas. It’s not that I
don’t like Glinda, but I like Elphaba better and she has more songs! Anyway, we
officially drew our personal rankings of actresses/singers. Here is mine :)
Elphaba:
1) Emma Hatton - though I haven’t see her live yet, but I call her Miss Perfection, because she is amazing! She is also the present standby in West End and will become the official Elphaba from the beginning of February, so I want to go back to the theatre and see her for my birthday.
2) Jennifer DiNoia - just very very slightly under Emma, because of that minor detail of her not-so-total perfection in Defying Gravity. Otherwise, she is amazing, awesome, incredible and adorable *-*
3) Idina Menzel – the one and only original Elphaba. Well, the musical was written pretty much for her, so she is perfect for all the songs. The only flaw that I find is that she lacks of emotion when singing, compared to the other two...
4) Kerry Ellis – She used to be at the top, but she disappointed me a bit with some of her lives and then the others came in and won my heart :P
Glinda:
1) Kristin Chenoweth – the original Glinda, the best and most perfect person for this role.
2) Hayley Podshun – the American Glinda, who used to sing with Jennifer before she came to the UK. I love her version of For Good!
3) Savannah Stevenson – technically, there are plenty of better singers for Glinda, but she still ranks third for me. Why? Because she is the best actress I have ever seen in the role, either live (well, I saw her live) or in videos, thanks to the emotions she can express and all the feelings she puts in her songs. Her version of Popular is my favourite, even better that Kristin’s, and her No one mourns the wicked is amazing because she sounds like she is actually grieving her lost friend.


.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment