Outstanding events -
#6 (25th to 30th October):
Saturday 25th: After having come back from
the Comic Con, since we hadn’t had enough of Japan (manga, anime, video
games...) for the day, we decided to watch “Sailor Moon Crystal”! I have
already seen all the episodes out so far, but since Isabela had chosen our
first anime to watch, “Attack on titan”, it was my turn and I introduced her to
the wonderful world of Sailor Moon :P
Sunday 26th: I had breakfast at Maria
Stella’s place and then I went to Victoria Station, to have a juice and a an
amazing croissant at an Italian cafè that dad had showed me in September. It took
me ages to find it and I was out over two hours just for that, but it was worth
it!
In the afternoon I had a quick chat with Josh, a bit of a
longer one with Melanie and then I worked on my uni stuff: I had some Lab
preparation to finish and a power point to make for Tutorial :)
After dinner, Isabela and I started looking up various “Wicked”
actresses and changing some of the songs to fit a fanfiction centred on Elpheba
and Glinda as a couple LOL Now, let me give you the backstory of all of this,
otherwise you’ll think I am crazy! Throughout October, I was introduced to all
the songs from the musical and I started loving it as much as it’s clear I love
it :) I also started paying attention to the different versions of the songs,
depending on the singers, and making my own ranking. At the time, as I already
mentioned, Idina was my numer 1, Emma Hatton came right after and then there was Kerry Ellis, from the couple of studio recordings I had heard. That night we also found out that Kerry Ellis was the official London
Elpheba at the moment and Emma Hatton her standby! So guess how happy we were
*_* Yes, we still didn’t know that Kerry would be there only two days longer
and that my/our rankings would changes soon :P But going back to the
fanfiction... if you have ever heard the songs from Wicked, and I specifically
refer to those concerning Elpheba and Glinda (e.g. “Defying gravity”, “What is
this feeling?”, “For good”, “I’m not that girl”, “No one mourns the wicked”),
yuo know that they sounds very much like loves songs between the two of them. Especially
when some (FEW) words are altered! Well, that’s exactly what we did to plan a
fanfiction! We changed some of the lyrics and turned them to fit our ship (yes,
I ship Elpheba and Glinda) :P
Monday 27th: at 9am I met the new
Evolution lecturer! I was very impressed with him, because I truly do like how
he teaches and how entertaining he is :D
In the break between the two Evolution lectures (remember, I
have two hours in the middle), I met up with my tutorial group to put together
our power point presentations and we finally
managed to meet the mysterious eight member, Rose. We had never seen her
before, because she had never showed up, but since one of the guys in the group
knew who she was he contacted her and she came as well! Our tutorial group was
finally complete hahah She is actually a lovely, though very shy apparently,
girl! Now we are exactly four boys (Moh, Kash, Harry, Hisham) and four girls
(me, Andrea, Lina and Rose).
In my lunch break (yes, this Monday was a nightmare because
I never had a proper break), I met with the group for a debate I had signed up
for by mistake and we divided our arguments. We were motioning for “Insurance
companies should have access to human genetic data”, something I honestly don’t
believe in but... what can I do?! I had to debate in its favour.
Eventually it was time for lab! The experiment of the day
concerned blood and we actually had to handle some samples of bloods, which at
first didn’t exactly please us girls
in my group, but we got over it quickly hahah The problem was that the blood
was from somebody unknown, sow e weren’t very comfortable with it...
![]() |
| Elena, Andrea, Coral, me and Laurana |
After lab, the five of us stayed chatting outside the
building for a while and we were laughing soooo much hahah We were talking
about how we all laugh when we feel awkward or nervous and how people find that
annoying :P It’s good that we all share that trait! We also talked about
Halloween and I invited them over to our flat “party”/dinner. Andrea and
Laurana said they were going to come!
In the evening, after watching “Once upon a time” with Maria
Stella like every Monday, Isabela and I spent FOUR hours correcting her
law essay. Now, we don’t understand anything about Law, so the best we can do
is proofread the grammar and the style, more than the content :P But it was okay
and now I am learning some Law things, because so far I have already corrected
three of her essays (two more after that one).
![]() |
| Maria Stella, me and a Halloween ghost! |
Tuesday 28th: this time it was the turn of
Melanie’s Law essay to be corrected, but it was on the same topic so we were
fine hahah Plus, Melanie seems to be very good at writing essays!
Wednesday 29th: in the morning I had
Tutorial and our group presented the power point we had made on structure and
function of cell organelles. I was assigned (or better, I chose) ribosomes,
which are kind of my favourite organelle :) The presentation was good and I got
A+ for it, so I am really happy!
In the evening, Isabela and I had a talk with Maria Stella
about moving out next year and then, when she went home, the two of us stayed
in my room for a couple of hours having deep conversation about our friends, our
futures and our families.
Around 10pm we realised we still had to have dinner and then
the evening kind of degenerated and a bit of a mess happened in the flat, involving
all of us flat mates apart from Josh (as usual). I am not going to write about
it here, though, because it’s not fair to do so. All I am going to say is that
I felt very bad about all of this and I ended up not being able to sleep for a
long while (probably until 4am or so, also because Josh started knocking on the
flat door at 3am having forgotten his keys when he went out).
Thursday 30th: Having fallen asleep so
late, I completely ignored my 8 o’clock alarm and slept until about 10... and
when I realised what the time was it was definitely too late to go to my
Molecular Biology lecture in Whitechapel! That is, for the first time I missed
a lecture o.O
Around midday I met with my debate group again, we looked
through all our speeches and then we split up for lunch, only to meet again an
hour later for the actual debate in the Great Hall. I was dying... i mean,
there were about 200 people in the room, I was going to be speaking on stage...
I wasn’t sure I could do it! However, I managed and the debate itself was good,
because a girl in my team was very fired up and knew how to debate so she
fought back to the other team, allowing the rest of us to breath. We lost the
debate, but I had already supposed we would, though it was a nice experience...
not that I am looking forward to a repeat!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


hi I'm Italian and I'm currently in Australia for an exchange of one year, now I have come out with the possibility of remaining here finishing high school here and I don't know what to do, what do you think? thanks
ReplyDeleteHi. I hope you are enjoying your exchange in Australia! Can I ask you, whereabout are you? You don't have to answer, if you don't want to.
DeleteAnyway, I am not sure you are allowed because it depends on how you travelled to Australia. Did you go there with an organisation (e.g. WEP)? If you travelled to Australia independently, you should be able to organise a renewd student visa if your school agrees to have you for a longer period, but if you went with an organisation it might be more complicated and you need to talk to a coordinator. I hope you get to stay there, because Australia is really amazing and if your dream now is to finish school there it would be great i you could fulfil it :) Good luck xx