Thursday, 12 February 2015

Christmas holiday in Italy - part 1



Hello,

This time I am here (finally and just a tiny bit late!) to actually tell you about my holiday in Italy. Because my blog is about university in London, I am not going to go into as much details as I normally do and split the story into themes. This is only a short post and it only contains the first part of the story :) A second post will follow soon hopefully!

In general, I spent three and a half amazing weeks in Italy, enjoying lots of time with my family, seeing some of my friends and even just relaxing. To be honest, I haven’t done much work for university and I am glad we didn’t have much to begin with! 

Flight and arrival (16/12/2014)

I had a kind-of-fine flight... it was quick, we arrived in Italy early, but I had a pretty annoying woman sitting next to me. She wouldn’t stop talking to me, and waking me up while I was trying to sleep! However, because she woke me up one of the times she did, I got to see a spectacular sunset and take pictures of it *_*



I arrived in Turin in the afternoon and I met my parents at the airport - I was so happy to see them again! And then when I got home also my sister was there so the whole family was reunited, for a while this time! Such a nice thought to have in my mind :)

Arriving in Turin
Family time

During this holiday I spent most of my time with my family, both in Turin and at mountain. We enjoyed hanging out together, even just doing the simple everyday-life things that I hadn’t been part of for months and I felt really good. I had missed all of it, even though I hadn’t realised how much. Of course, sometimes it felt weird to have someone looking after me or having less independence, but it was worth being back home with them.

We spent about two weeks at mountains, where I only skied twice because there wasn’t much snow, but this allowed me to relax a lot at home, have random chats, do homework with my sister (not sure if I had actually missed this part of my life at home hahaha), watch movies...

Skiing with my sister :)
Sisters selfie!
 

With my mum :)
Snowless mountains...
 


... until one day I woke up to this!
 

Apart from seeing my close family, I also saw all my grandparents, aunts and my two cousins. The advantage of not having any holiday homework for the first time was that I had time to go and visit all of them more freely, have a sleepover at my grandparents’ house, lunch with the others and visit my aunts at their work places!

Giorgie – bestie time

I managed to see Giorgia a few times over the holiday and spend some great time with her :) We had lots of chats, laughs, hugs and we just enjoyed being together again.

On the 29th of December, for example, I went to her house at mountain and I stayed there for the afternoon and the evening! We watched the movie version of “The Phantom of the Opera” together, which she had already seen while I hadn’t yet :) I really liked it, and finally the songs I knew very well made sense in a context. Then we listened to lots of music, obviously while incessantly talking, and had dinner with her father and her sister to celebrate her sister’s birthday! It was such a fun night :D :D

Watching the movie of the "Phantom of the Opera"

Giorgia's sister's birthday "cake"
 

The we also spend New Year’s Eve together and I saw her once again the same day I left Italy, for lunch :) I went to her house, we ate together and then we had to say goodbye once more!

No comments:

Post a Comment