Sunday, 7 December 2014

Elisa's concert



Good evening :)

This post is dedicated to the first concert I have seen here in London, on the 30th of November: Elisa’s. Of course the first concert I would see in England would have to be of an Italian singer :P 

Background: Why did I go to this concert? I used to be a huge fan of Elisa and I have been to two of the concerts before, including one with my aunt for free because she works in the music industry. However, I hadn’t listened to Elisa’s music for a couple of years before the concert, but I accepted to go to see her with my aunt again, because I thought it’d be nice to spend some time together :) It was meant to be me, my aunt and two of her friends, but she couldn’t come for work problems and Maria Stella took her place! 

Before the concert: Maria Stella and I met at my place around 5pm, we had a quick dinner and we joined my aunt’s friends in Camden, in front of Koko, the concert venue. After queuing for a short time, we were told that we could go in, since we had our free tickets (always thanks to my aunt!). While they were checking our bags, they asked me to leave my water and Maria Stella her muffin... but we both got away with them because they pitied us after we looked at them with “puppy faces” hahaha Thank goodness, otherwise I would have been so thirsty all throughout the concert!

Concert: Anyway, before the concert started I was worried I wouldn’t know any of the songs she was going to sing, because I hadn’t heard any of her latest songs, apart from a couple. I couldn’t have been more wrong! In nearly two hours and a half of concert (she never took a break!) she sang only three or four songs I didn’t know and then I knew everything else *_* She played ALL my favourite songs, including “Together”, “Luce”, “Gli ostacoli del cuore” and “Eppure sentire”, and plenty of others I love like “Gift”, “Labyrinth”, “L’anima vola” and “Ti vorrei sollevare”! But the best surprise came at the end, during the bis. When the first notes started, I thought I didn’t know the song... then when she started singing I suddenly realised it was “It is what it is”, my favourite among her less-known songs and one of my absolute favourites *_* I was so not expecting it that I didn’t even recognise it! I am still amazed at how great the concert was :)

 The venue & the people: Koko, in Camden, is such a wonderful concert venue! It’s very picturesque inside and I loved the decorations that surrounded us. There were about 1400 people and... well, everyone was Italian apart from about 10 people! I mean it! Elisa asked how many non-Italians there were and she counted about 10 hand raised :P
The bar

After the concert: after the concert, we had some very interesting (?) adventures! We stayed outside Koko waiting for Elisa to come out for signatures, but she didn’t come out in the next half hour so the four of us had to leave to avoid missing the last underground. Apparently we had waited too long, though! We got to the station and the train had already gone... so we caught a taxi to Kings’ Cross, where we split. Maria Stella and I took the Tube to Liverpool Street, the only available one, and we kept our fingers crossed that there would be a Central Line train to Mile End. No luck :( We had to go out and wait for a night bus to university... meaning that even though the concert finished at 11, we got home around 1am, frozen and starving LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment